Consultants can work with multiple companies, devoting a few hours a week or hiring them full-time for a longer period. It all depends on the company and the problem they are trying to solve. There are 19 different types of consulting jobs, each with its own roles and examples. Consultation is a broad term and can mean informing people about projects in the area or actively involving them in decision-making.
This is the minimum requirement for many legal consultations, such as planning requests and traffic regulation orders. Traditional processes are used to inform strategies, service planning and projects, including surveys and public meetings. Strategic consultants help make higher-level decisions in a company. A new type of consulting within the field of marketing is growth marketing consultant.
The 19 types of consulting jobs are:
- Strategic Consultant: Helps make higher-level decisions in a company.
- Growth Marketing Consultant: A new type of consulting within the field of marketing.
- Business Consultant: Helps businesses improve their operations and profits.
- Financial Consultant: Advises companies on financial matters such as investments, taxes, and budgeting.
- Human Resources Consultant: Helps companies with recruitment, training, and employee relations.
- IT Consultant: Advises companies on technology-related matters such as software and hardware.
- Marketing Consultant: Helps companies develop marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Operations Consultant: Assists companies with streamlining their operations for efficiency.
- Organizational Development Consultant: Helps companies improve their organizational structure and processes.
- Process Improvement Consultant: Assists companies in improving their processes for better performance.
- Project Management Consultant: Helps companies manage their projects more effectively.
- Public Relations Consultant: Advises companies on how to manage their public image.
- Risk Management Consultant: Assists companies in managing risks associated with their operations.
- Sales Consultant: Helps companies increase their sales by developing strategies and campaigns.
- Social Media Consultant: Advises companies on how to use social media to reach their target audience.
- Software Development Consultant: Assists companies in developing software solutions for their needs.
- Tax Consultant: Advises companies on tax matters such as filing taxes and minimizing tax liabilities.
- Training & Development Consultant: Helps companies develop training programs for their employees.